Have you had enough of typical cannabis edibles? It’s time to try something new. Edible chips. Many people seek edibles and chips are definitely on the list. This comes when the marijuana market is flourishing with billions of dollars in revenue each year. Edible chips are awesome. Sounds crazy? No, it’s true, and this one can be prepared in your own home, too.
You don’t have to be a chef to let your creative juices flow in the kitchen. You have to learn the basics of cannabis cooking and familiarize yourself with the recipes. This way, you can prepare weed foods according to your taste. It might be perfect during parties. Can’t wait to get started? Let’s delve into the best edible chip recipes and products in the cannabis industry!
What are Edible Chips Exactly?
If you have shopped around lately, you might have been surprised by the newest offerings of cannabis dispensaries – edible chips! Yes, cannabis producers have become more creative than before, offering new variants to satisfy the needs of consumers. But if you haven’t seen one of such marijuana chips yet, it’s not something different from ordinary chips. The only difference lies in the ingredients, as these new weed products are infused with CBD and THC. More commonly, they are used for recreational purposes, although some patients use them as an alternative drug.
So, what are your choices? The list of edible chips is somewhat lengthy, but the most common products you can find in the market today include potato chips, shrimp chips, roasted garlic, and more. This new weed variety offers a fun and exciting way of getting high and experiencing relief from marijuana. Like any other product, the THC and CBD contents are measured to dose properly. But yes, overindulgence is very common as some people can’t get enough of this product during snack time.
Best Recipes and Products for Edible Chips
Okay, so you want to try cooking your chips at home? That’s cool. You can do that all by yourself, but you need a recipe for each product that you want to create. If this is your first time, expect the whole process to become a bit challenging – you know that, for sure. Here, we have gathered five of the most popular recipes and products for edible chips that you can find in the market today. Enjoy cooking!
Cannabis-Infused Potato Chips
This has been an all-time homemade favorite among cannabis snack lovers. It’s a plain product that you can enjoy while watching a movie or sports. Once you have mastered the recipe, that’s the best time you can begin a more creative experiment with exciting twists. Cannabis extract is one of the main ingredients for your homemade baked potato chips, so make sure you get the best product from your provider. It would be best if you were also particular about every ingredient’s dosing as it would determine your overall experience.
- Two large peeled potatoes of any kind
- Popcorn seasoning if you want a flavor
- ½ cup of cannabis-infused oil
- Two tablespoons of salt
- Preheat your oven to 400°F
- Line a cookie sheet or baking pan using parchment paper
- Wash your potatoes and then pat them dry with paper towels
- Slice the potatoes into thin pieces as evenly as possible
- Spread the potato slices out to have enough breathing room and won’t touch each other. Then, drizzle the entire sheet full of cannabis-infused oil.
- Spread the cannabis oil evenly over each slice using a brush. Once the oven is ready, pop them in and bake your potato chips for 15 minutes until they turn golden brown.
- Dump the baked potato chips into a large mixing bowl, add salt and flavour them according to your taste. If you want a super-salty potato chip, use the full two tablespoons. For a milder option, use half the amount. Try to experiment until you discover the best mixture.
For a super delicious snack treat, you can go for cannabis-infused Doritos. You’ve probably never imagined that this would be possible. But yes, it’s been in the weed market for some time already. The good news is, you can also prepare this product in your own home. This is easy to serve and ideal for a cannabis party. With a few ingredients and simple mixing, you can have a taste of this edible chip very soon.
- One ten-ounce bag of Ranch Doritos
- ⅓ cup of canna-coconut oil
- ½ teaspoon of onion powder
- ¼ cup of powdered buttermilk
- ½ tablespoon garlic powder
- One teaspoon of sugar
- One teaspoon of dry parsley
- One teaspoon of salt
- Preheat your oven to 250°F
- Add your canna-coconut, olive oil, or grape-seed oil in a medium-sized bowl.
- Add your powdered buttermilk, sugar, dry parsley, salt, garlic salt or powder, and onion powder to the infused coconut oil. Mix all these ingredients well.
- Gently pour the bag of Doritos onto your pan.
- Use a pastry brush to dip into the mixture and gently brush it on both sides of each chip.
- Spread the homemade chips all around the pan as evenly as possible. Bake on the middle rack for 30 minutes or until the chips become dry.
- Cannabis-Infused Tortilla Chips
These tasty weed chips are becoming a trend among many consumers who crave a delicious snack treat. It’s readily available in several cannabis stores. If you want to prepare this product at home, you’re free to do that anytime. This is considered one of the most versatile marijuana recipes that you can couple with salsas and dips. Most products have about 40 mg of THC per serving, but you can adjust the dosage depending on your personal needs.
- Eight tortillas corn
- One tablespoon lime juice
- Three tablespoons cannabis-infused oil
- 1 ½ teaspoons salt
- Preheat your oven to 350°F
- Stack the tortillas and cut them into eight wedges
- Toss the tortilla wedges with a canna-oil in a small bowl until they are evenly coated
- Spread in a single layer on a large baking sheet and until just beginning to brown, at least 10 minutes
- Remove the tortillas from the oven and sprinkle them with fresh lime juice and salt
- Store the cooled leftovers in an airtight bag
- Consume the products within a day
- Cannabis-Infused French Fries
Yes, you read it right. There are now french fries infused with cannabis extracts. It’s probably the best fast food you can try today’s weed market. Fortunately, you no longer have to drive to the store to have a taste of it. You can prepare this recipe in the comfort of your home. The cooking process is quite simple as you only need a few ingredients to get started. If you’re excited about that, follow these guides to make perfect french fries that could give you a boost of euphoria.
- 6-8 russet potatoes
- Three tablespoons of cannabis-infused coconut oil
- Seasoned salt
- Place a large skillet on top of a medium-to-high heat source. Then, add three tablespoons of cannabis-infused coconut oil. As they heat up in your skillet, prepare your potatoes.
- Once you have already rinsed off the spuds, cut each one into french fries. Remember that the size and thickness would depend on your personal preference. It’s okay to experiment because you’re the one who will eat the fries, after all.
- Make sure that the oil is around 350°F before you start tossing your potatoes in. When you have reached this temperature, place your potatoes inside the skillet without overcrowding them in one space.
- Wait until the potatoes become brownish before tossing in a small amount of seasoned salt. Once you reach that point, flip them and repeat the process. The fries are considered adequately cooked when they become fork tender. But if you want a more crispy product, it’s up to you. Feel free to cook this recipe to your preferred crunchiness.
- Suppose you are already satisfied with how the fries look and smell. Gently remove them from the skillet and place them on a paper towel to cool. Once you can already touch them with your fingers, you can start enjoying your cannabis-infused french fries.
Cannabis-Infused Kale Chips
A lot of people are now talking about this popular snack. Probably you’re also wondering how this one could satisfy your craving. Like other chips mentioned above, CBD or THC is also infused. You can purchase this product from some weed dispensaries or make your styles at home. Want to get started soon? The cooking process is simple and easy with ingredients and procedures.
- Two tablespoons of canna-oil
- One bunch of kale
- ½ fresh lemon juice
- Salt and pepper
- Set your oven temperature to 300°F
- Line a baking sheet using parchment paper
- Wash your kale leaves and dry them well
- Separate the leaves from stems using a knife
- Tear the kale leaves into large pieces (about 2-3 inches) and discard the stems
- Place the kale in a large bowl and toss gently in canna oil. Make sure that every piece of kale gets thoroughly coated
- Lay kale in a single layer on your baking sheet and season it to taste. Don’t overlap the pieces as it would require cooking in the next batch
- Cook the kale for 8-10 minutes until they become crisp. Remove kale chips from the oven once you reach that point.
- Transfer your cannabis-infused kale chips to a serving bowl immediately
- Drizzle lemon juice on top of kale chips. Wait until cool ultimately to serve.
Are there Health Benefits from Edible Chips?
As an intelligent consumer, you’re supposed to be aware of the possible effects that eating edible chips can bring to your health. Is it good or bad? Like other foods and supplements, this cannabis variety also comes with pros and cons. The good news is it seems compelling to look at the positive side due to the promising health benefits of this snack.
Edible Chips May Contain Antioxidants
Cannabis edibles have been found to contain several antioxidants that help protect consumers against free radicals, anxiety, and even cancer. These medical conditions are prevalent in modern society, where many people have unhealthy diets and lifestyles. Read this published study if you’re looking for scientific proof of how cannabinoids in edible chips show promising effects against cancer.
Edible Chips May Boost Appetite
Many people associate chips with junk foods that have no nutritional value. It’s probably time to do away with this misconception, especially when you’re taking cannabis-infused chips. These products may boost appetite as they improve taste and increase protein consumption. Read this study to get informed.
Edible Chips May Relieve Pain
Many people are turning to weed products because they’re seeking a tremendous alternative drug that can help manage pain associated with certain medical conditions. There’s anecdotal evidence that this substance shows promising benefits for pain management. Read this scientific review if you want to learn more about this effect.
Possible Side Effects of Edible Chips
While edible chips may prove more beneficial than posing harm to your health, you must know the possible downsides of this food. First off, there’s a possibility of overconsumption due to the long latency period of edible. The full effects would usually kick in after an hour or so. When you accidentally over consume this product, it can result in paranoia, drowsiness, dry mouth, and impaired motor skills. As such, if you’re cooking these snacks at home, make sure that the THC content is at a safe level. It would be best if you also kept watch of your body’s reaction to the substance to avoid overindulgence.
Where to Buy the Best Cannabis Edibles?
There are a lot of marijuana dispensaries and online stores selling cannabis edibles. So it seems pretty easy to purchase these products. But the challenging part is choosing a reputable provider for your needs. Not all options out there have an excellent reputation in the industry.
If you want a convenient and secure transaction when you buy edibles online, you can count on us at Pokebud. We guarantee high-quality cannabis edibles, including our popular chocolate chips, that would satisfy your craving and bring you into another world. You can also learn relevant topics such as making cherry oil on our website. Explore our store and experience weed at its best!